Monday, April 18, 2005

Watching a new pope on TV

First I want to mention one of my other blogs which you can visit by clicking the title MOTIVATIONALBlog.blogspot.com or by clicking the title of today's post. I find inspirational/motivational quotes and post them several days a week there. Just FYI.

I watched a little bit of the coverage of the college of cardinals this morning on MSNBC and CNN. I remember watching the coverage of John Paul I and John Paul II over 25 years ago as teenage Catholic. It's interesting to watch as a protestant now and to reflect on the changes in my life since then.

I'm only 42 and it seems that a good number of people in my life have died. My mom died in 1987 from lung cancer. My dad died several years ago waiting for a kidney transplant. He lost one in a car accident before I was born and he smoked and drank a lot. He was never the kind of alchoholic who say, loses a job because of it, but he wasn't a barrel of laughs around the holidays. I remember one of the characters on Welcome Back, Kotter always referring to his mother as a saint. My mother wasn't a saint in the way he meant it but she was close. My niece, Chelsea, died in a car accident when she was little. My uncle Carl, the atheist, was hit by a bus. Carl did try to get me to go to the gym more. My dad really seemed to believe that lifting weights was really strongly related to being gay. I'm not going to list everyone who has died, but I am curious about what's normal for a guy my age.

I guess I'm getting closer to that as no one has died recently. The last time I made a statement like that was when Nixon was president. I noticed that Lyndon Johnson was the only ex-president who was still alive. That was Saturday and I think it was Monday that we found out Lyndon Johnson had died of a heart attack. I'm not superstitious but I thought it was an odd coincidence. I was trying to double-check the day of the week and found this link:
http://rudy.ca/doomsday.html

More soon...son needs to print out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Traffic Exchange for Christian and Family Friendly Websites and Blogs

My First Blog
WeAreGrowing - Personal & Professional Growth


ClickThru.com Network!
ClickThru HotSpot!